LATEST NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
2021 CPBA BOARD
PRESIDENT: Joan Bjork (252) 670-8752
Vice President : Joey Mclaughlin (252) 521-0082
SECRETARY: Laura Elizabeth Hendrick (434) 738-8304
TREASURER: Camille Klotz (252) 635-3209
Club Dues for 2021: $15
The Craven/Pamlico County Beekeepers Association exists to promote and preserve the continued healthy existence of honey bee colonies in Eastern North Carolina.
GOALS & OBJECTIVES
- Foster goodwill between humans and honey bees.
- Provide honey bee educational opportunities for beekeepers, perspective beekeepers and the general public.
- Support efforts to increase the number of honey bee colonies in Eastern North Carolina.
- Maintain and observe the club bee-yard to identify bee issues, patterns, trends, etc.
- Provide a support network for our members and existing beekeepers.
- Mentor new and/or prospective beekeepers.
- Partner with other bee friendly organizations, including the North Carolina State Beekeepers Association and other bee friendly organizations.
Know your “Local” Beekeepers Association
The “CPBA” is your local chapter of the North Carolina Beekeepers Association “NCSBA”.
In conjunction with the NC Extension Services, and NCSU, many educational opportunities are available to beekeepers at all levels from novice to expert. Although not a requirement, Many beekeepers enjoy participating in the Master Beekeepers Program “MBP” which offers different levels of certification upon achievement.
CPBA Membership benefits include:
• Educational lectures
• Mentoring by more experienced beekeepers
• Hands on training in the CPBA apiary (we maintain several colonies)
• State and Local fellowship
CPBA offers annual beekeepers classes “Bee School”
Bee School will be advertised on our Facebook page and this website.
MONTHLY MEETINGS – JOIN US!
Note: If restrictions are in place due to Covid-19, meetings will be virtual.
Join us the third Tuesday of every month (except November & December) at the Craven County Cooperative Extension Center, located at 300 Industrial Drive, New Bern, NC. Our “Bee Social” is informal and begins at 7 pm. Meetings start at 7:30 pm and are open to the general public.