LATEST NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
2021 Club Membership dues are $15, use button below for online payment or please mail check to Camille Klotz at 218 Pollock St, New Bern, NC 28560:
2021 State Dues can be paid at NCSBA, click here.
2021 CPBA BOARD
The Craven/Pamlico County Beekeepers Association exists to promote and preserve the continued healthy existence of honey bee colonies in Eastern North Carolina.
GOALS & OBJECTIVES
- Foster goodwill between humans and honey bees.
- Provide honey bee educational opportunities for beekeepers, perspective beekeepers and the general public.
- Support efforts to increase the number of honey bee colonies in Eastern North Carolina.
- Maintain and observe the club bee-yard to identify bee issues, patterns, trends, etc.
- Provide a support network for our members and existing beekeepers.
- Mentor new and/or prospective beekeepers.
- Partner with other bee friendly organizations, including the North Carolina State Beekeepers Association and other bee friendly organizations.
Know your “Local” Beekeepers Association
The “CPBA” is your local chapter of the North Carolina Beekeepers Association “NCSBA”.
In conjunction with the NC Extension Services, and NCSU, many educational opportunities are available to beekeepers at all levels from novice to expert. Although not a requirement, Many beekeepers enjoy participating in the Master Beekeepers Program “MBP” which offers different levels of certification upon achievement.
CPBA Membership benefits include:
• Educational lectures
• Mentoring by more experienced beekeepers
• Hands on training in the CPBA apiary (we maintain several colonies)
• State and Local fellowship
CPBA offers annual beekeepers classes “Bee School”
Bee School will be advertised on our Facebook page and this website.
MONTHLY MEETINGS – JOIN US!
Note: If restrictions are in place due to Covid-19, meetings will be virtual.
Join us the third Tuesday of every month (except November & December) at the Craven County Cooperative Extension Center, located at 300 Industrial Drive, New Bern, NC. Our “Bee Social” is informal and begins at 7 pm. Meetings start at 7:30 pm and are open to the general public.